Mum's 50th Birthday

Leave a Comment
Yesterday was my Mum's birthday! The big 5 0 (Despite the fact that she constantly denies this.)
The morning started with presents, she received a lovely Champneys spa set from my Dad and I gave her a soppy card and made a photo book for her filled with photos of our travels and other family pictures. I ordered this from PhotoBox which I definitely recommend for their amazing service as I was worried it wouldn't turn up on time, however I received it 2 days after confirmation of it being shipped. It looked amazing and I would definitely use them again and more importantly my mum loved it too, she even cried.

Beautiful flowers from Nanan
After opening presents we looked through a lot of old family photos which could be used for her party on Saturday. It was so nice seeing these photos although she complained there were too many baby photos of me and not enough her haha! Following on from this I revealed to her the schedule for the day after joking that we were taking her to the old people's home, she was delighted when I told her me and Nanan were taking her for a Spa day at the Double Tree Hilton.


So my Dad dropped us off at the hotel and we headed straight to the spa. My mum started with her back massage which I had booked for her whilst I enjoyed relaxing in the sauna, steam room, jacuzzi & pool with nanan. My mum joined us glowing with a smile as she found the massage really relaxing. We then ordered afternoon tea in the bar which was delicious, this included smoked salmon and cucumber sandwiches, slices of chocolate cake, scones with a pot of jam & cream and profiteroles. Me and Nanan shared a pot of tea and mum had a white wine. 

My dad joined us and then drove us back home but first we took a detour to Homebase, Matalan & Next. Me and Dad ended up going to Pets at Home where I just fell in love with the animals and I got to hold a rabbit (omg! She was so cute) Let me tell you I was very tempted to buy her but I didn't :(


We then went home and had a birthday dinner which Dad cooked! Salmon with a seafood selection and salad. We all chilled out for a bit and I brought in the birthday cake for mum in the form of a Cadbury's flake celebration cake. She blew out her candles and we all tucked in!


So that was the day summed up in a nutshell and she really loved it! She's still raving about it today. The next round is the Birthday BBQ on Saturday which should be fun, fingers crossed for no rain!

Thanks for reading!
x x x
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig